So before our auld gets too lang syned, we wanted to share with you our top ten most-read posts of 2018. Not all of them were written this year—in fact, some are a few years old—but their content is remains relevant:
- Who Needs a Brand Guide? Spoiler alert…the answer is every brand.
- Don’t Stop Marketing We revealed what could happen if you stopped your marketing efforts, and explained why you never should.
- Real-world Demographics on the Web The final installment of a five-part series on demographics in digital marketing, this post shared links to sites that offer a variety of statistics and survey information.
- Top 17 of 2017 Last year’s “top” list continues to be a popular one—in it we shared some of our favorite projects from 2017.
- The Evolution of Chat Rooms & Message Boards In the fourth installment of our five-part series on demographics, we examined how businesses could leverage online chat and messaging.
- 5 B2B Marketing Problems to Fix Now We highlighted a handful of marketing issues that frequently prevent companies from growing.
- Pharma Marketing: Selling Sex Isn’t Always Sexy We shared an example of how pharmaceutical marketing is more than just the slick consumer ads you see on TV. Regular readers may also remember that this is the post that consistently lands “sexy pharmacist” in our organic search results).
- Core Messaging: Mission, Vision, Values We discussed the importance of core messaging to all aspects of business decision making, and shared ours.
- Checkpoint: Maintaining Traction We covered the highlights of Gino Wickman’s business book, Traction.
- Creating the Right Core Focus We explored some more of Wickman’s ideas from Traction, and laid out a process for creating your company’s core focus.
Here’s hoping you had a great 2018, and that your 2019 is even better!